Anti-Bullying – Advice for Parents and Carers.
At Oakfield School staff, parents and children work together to create a happy, caring, learning environment where positive relationships are developed and valued.
Bullying, either verbal, physical, cyber or indirect will not be tolerated and will always be dealt with quickly, efficiently and sensitively.
It is the responsibility of everyone in school to aim to prevent occurrences of bullying and to deal with any incidents quickly and effectively.
Watching for a pattern
- Wanting more / less attention
- Not wanting to go to school
- Frequent minor illnesses
- Coming home with bruises or torn clothing
- Possessions disappearing
- Becoming withdrawn
What to do
- Treat the matter seriously
- Keep a diary of incidents
- Try and help your child deal with the situation
- Do not approach the bully
- Do not advise your child to fight back
- Contact the school and speak to the Lead co-ordinator, Behaviour Lead, Key worker or Headteacher.
Additional Resources to support parents / carers.
Anti-Bullying Alliance – www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk
NSPCC – www.nspcc.org.uk
Childline – www.childline.org.uk
Homophobic Bullying – http://www.stonewall.org.uk/at_school/education_for_all/quick_links/9291.asp
Kidscape – www.kidscape.org.uk